CAUSES, SYMPTOMS, PREVENTION, TREATMENT
Gingivitis is caused by toxins secreted from the bacterial plaque that builds around the teeth neck and in the space between the teeth. The changes apply to individual teeth or dental arches of the alveolar ridge of the jaw and/or mandible. Gingivitis may be the beginning of periodontitis. This applies to patients at risk groups - smokers, with immunological disorders, genetic disorders and symptoms of chronic stress.
CAUSES OF GINGIVITISFormation of plaque in crowded teeth, incorrect placement of the teeth, lack of contact points between the upper and lower teeth. Inflammation is also caused by abnormal dental restorations, elevations of teeth fillings, plaque.
- ZDisorders of the endocrine system
- Pubic gingivitis due to the increase of estriadole levels in girls and testosterone in boys.
- Menstrual (ovulatory) gingivitis.
- Pregnancy gingivitis (2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy).
- Diabetic gingivitis.
- Drug-induced gingivitis (calcium channel blockers, phenytoin, cyclosporine A).
- Bacterial (streptococcal) gingivitis, gonorrhoeal, syphilis, fungal infections.
- Allergic gingivitis (drugs, foods, acrylate plastics).
- Traumatic gingivitis (thermal, chemical, physical).
SYMPTOMS OF GINGIVITIS
- Spontaneous bleeding or bleeding induced by microdamages (hard food, toothbrushes).
- In a medical examination:
- Changes in the shape and consistency of the gums (hyperplasia, the so-called "soft" gum)
- The presence of the gingival crevice
- Bleeding caused by intubation of the crevice
- A change in the colour of the gums - the correct light pink through red to blue.
- RThe difference between gingivitis and periodontitis is the occurrence of periodontal pockets, alveolar bone losses, as well as loosening and loss of teeth.
PREVENTION OF GINGIVITIS
SThe prevention of plaque formation is particularly important. The development of inflammation depends on the amount and type of plaque bacteria, salivary components, diet and hygiene procedures.
PREVENTION AT HOME
Selection of toothpaste – effective medicinal toothpaste
Aids: dental floss, toothpicks, interdental brushes, water irrigations, rinses.
Assessment of oral hygiene after staining of dental deposits (tablets, solutions) which allows for cleaning teeth from plaque difficult to access. Varnishing teeth and bare roots. Selection of stimulators for gum massage and learning the proper gum massage Removal of plaque, polishing tooth crowns, removal of tooth discolouration. The dentist's check-up is necessary once every 6 months. In disease states every 2-3 months.
TREATMENT OF GINGIVITIS
Antybiotyki podawane doustnie i miejscowo Miejscowo i ogólnie stosowany metronidazol Płukanki ziołowe ( szałwia, kora dębu) i z chlorheksydyną Pasty i żele lecznicze
Antibiotics administered orally and locally Locally and generally administered metronidazole Herb rinses (sage, oak bark) and chlorhexidine Therapeutic toothpastes and gels Medications produced by the Licensed Pharmaceutical Company SULPHUR ZDRÓJ from Busko-Zdrój are effective in treatment and prevention. Using the experience in the treatment of periodontitis with sulphide waters in Busko-Zdrój, medications with clinically documented indications for use have been developed:
medicinal toothpaste containing sulphide brine from the Solec Shaft boring of the health resort Solec-Zdrój Sp.j. and medicinal iodine-bromine salt. The toothpaste reduces bleeding from the gums, swelling of gingival papilla, it reduces the amount of secreted gingival fluid. It prevents loosening and falling out of teeth. It heals and additionally perfectly cleans teeth from dental plaque. The use of the toothpaste significantly reduces unpleasant smell from the mouth, refreshes the breath for a long time and a medication based on concentrated aqueous peloid extract –
oraz lek na bazie zagęszczonego wodnego wyciągu borowinowego – pelogel gel o use on the gums. Anti-inflammatory medication. Massaging the gums with peloid gel improves microcirculation in pathologically changed tissues, which is conducive to the absorption of exudates and infiltrates in inflammatory focal points. In addition, humic acids have a beneficial astringent effect on the mucosa of the gums. It prevents loosening and losing the teeth. The natural composition of mint contained in the medication leaves a long-lasting feeling of freshness.